Due to the reorganization of The Mures County Emergency Clinical Hospital from Targu-Mures, The Third Surgical Clinic became The First Surgical Clinic within The Mures County Clinical Hospital; through the order of MSP 1079/30.05.2008.
The third Surgical Clinic was founded in 2004, being the continuator of The Second Surgical Clinic (80% of the personnel), through its split into The Third Surgical Clinic and The Fourth Surgical Clinic.
Although it is relatively new, The Third Surgical Clinic, through its location into the building of the former Municipal Hospital, is one of the oldest surgical clinics in Targu-Mures; the clinic, by which, renowned names of the Romanian surgery are linked, like: Prof. Dr. Papai Zoltan, Prof Dr. Bancu V. Emilian, Prof. Dr. Traian Georgescu, Prof. Dr. Copotoiu Constantin.
This was the location of the first surgical clinic in Targu-Mures, which had Professor Matyas Matyas as coordinator, since 1945, once with the founding of The Institute of Medicine and Pharmacy from Targu-Mures, until the year of 1956.
From its founding in 2004, the clinic’s leadership is assured by Associate Professor Dr. Coros Marius Florin, senior surgeon, from the Prof. Dr. Bancu V. Emilian’s surgical school- the founder of the modern surgery in Targu-Mures- and under whose guidance activated for 20 years; and among Prof. Dr. Copotoiu Constantin, both rectors of The University of Medicine and Pharmacy from Targu-Mures.
All the experience achieved by Associate Professor Dr. Coros Marius among these illustrious surgeons, recommends him as the upholder of the Targu-Mures surgery.
The First Surgical Clinic, within The Mures County Hospital, is a university clinic; almost all of the doctors are university teachers. Besides the surgical activity, didactical activities are also developed within the clinic, with the students from The University of Medicine and Pharmacy from Targu-Mures; and also, research activity, in different fields of interest.
The First Surgical Clinic is situated on the second floor of the former Municipal Hospital, from Targu-Mures, which is situated in the “clinics’ area”, a residential area, rich in vegetation and with a lot of parks, away from the urban commotion and uproar, in an environment which offers the most desirable conditions for the patient’s optimal recovery. Nearby, there is the campus of The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Targu-Mures, the Youth’s Cultural House and other medical facilities (The Mures County Emergency Hospital, The Second Orthopaedics Clinic, The Otorhinolaryngology Clinic, and The Oncology Clinic).
The hospital owns a parking lot within the premises, for the employed personnel; and also an external parking lot for the visitors. Within the hospital’s premises, a green area with benches is set up, where the patients may spend some time in open air (imagini).